Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The time I drowned..


My personal memory of swimming is the time I fell into the swimming pool and drowned. I was three years old when it happened . I almost died but my dad jumped in and saved my life.
I remember I was so scared after that experience that I was afraid to go near a pool for awhile. That experience was one of the worst moments of my life. Even though this event took place almost thirteen years ago, I still remember that day like it happened yesterday. I feel that it’s a miracle I survived the ordeal because if my dad wasn’t outside at the time, I probably wouldn’t be here today. I feel grateful that I survived and I also learned a great life lesson from it.
I learned to always watch out for your surroundings around you and always be careful whenever you are doing something. I say that because the whole ordeal happened because it was my fault. It happened when I was running around the pool for some reason and then I slipped in it. Now whenever I’m around a pool I don’t run around it. And if I do I do it around the seven feet or below area.
Now I actually loves to go to pools. I’m mostly over the experience but I still remember it from time to time. But overall I don’t let the ordeal really affect my life anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting story. Please go over your spelling, syntax, and subject verb agreement. It would also be a good idea to proof read your work before posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to your view of pools, because once my four year old cousin fell into the pool but lucikly I was close by and jumped into the pool to bring him to safety.

    ReplyDelete