Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Bathroom (Setting)

Many people would often think, "what can you possibly do in a bathroom besides use the toilet, brush your teeth, or take a shower?" I myself would think that too if I hadn't broken my arm when I was six.
One day, I was in my mother's room just playing as usual, then she asked me to step out so she can have her room to herself. Just to stay a few more moments, I asked her if I can go to the restroom before I left and she said yes. When I get to her bathroom (even though I didn't have to use the restroom), I closed the door shut and tried to look at myself. By me being short at the time, I couldn't get a good look so I climbed onto the counter and was satisfied with my reflection.Once I was finished, I jumped off and somehow landed on my right arm! I fell to the ground, and started to cry instantly. My mother stormed into the bathroom and asked what happened but of course I couldn't give her a clear response because of the pain I was in and my busted lip. She finally gave up on questioning me, so she rushed me to the hospital where my doctor put a cast on me.
By this incident, I learned that there are other things that goes on in a bathroom than just using the toilet, brushing your teeth, or taking a shower. I also learned not to be so conceited.

No comments:

Post a Comment