Friday, December 10, 2010

My community!

  1. I would take action. Don’t just sit back and wait for my community to get better by itself. I would need to get involved. Find out what I can do to make it a better place to live, and even attend community meetings and put my two cents in.
  2. I would volunteer my time, energy, and mind. At the park I would clean up day, just to volunteer to my help.Get to know your neighbors. Know the people who live around you. Building a strong community is a team effort. You can’t do it all on your own. So get to know your neighbors and make it a goal to make your community a better place to live.
  3. I would support local businesses. Try to shop at local businesses when you can, avoiding big box stores.
  4. Restore historical land sites. Don’t let them get torn down. Head up or participate in fundraisers to raise funds that will go towards the restoration of the buildings. Preserve the history of your community.
  5. Support my local leaders. Get involved with volunteering at campaign time. I can even volunteer during election time. Get to know the people that are running my town.
  6. Start a neighborhood watch. Keep my community safe by starting neighborhood watches. The members of the community will get involved and look out for one another. If there are suspicious looking people or suspicious activity in one’s neighborhood, local crime enforcement is contacted. Neighbors look out for each other to keep their neighborhoods safe.
  7. Of course I know to be patient. I realize that making my community a better place to live will not happen overnight. It will take time, energy and money to get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment